To a New Year

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

sw25
LIT Super Fan

To a New Year

#1 Post by sw25 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:11 am

It's been a while since I've been here, but it feels appropriate to return with good will and cheer at the commencement of 2007.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and a good New Year's, and that your wishes all come true for the next twelve months (yes, even the contradicting ones).

Tell me, all, what the new year has in store for you. I'd love to just sit back and listen.

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#2 Post by I65 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:11 am

Hey SW...the clock just struck 12 8 minutes ago here on the West Coast, so i was just gonna swing by and wish everyone Good Fortune in the New Year.

I don't know what 2007 will bring, but I have hope that it will be a wonderful year.

All the best to my friends here in the Park Hyatt Lounge.

Congruous
Suntory Time

#3 Post by Congruous » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:01 pm

I'm hoping for the best. '06 wasn't the greatest year. I wish you guys all the best in 2007.
"Are there no more arrows left?"

Bob_san
Site Admin

#4 Post by Bob_san » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:18 pm

Yes Happy New Year everyone and hope we all have a great one!

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#5 Post by Just Like Honey... » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:36 am

To you and yours, I extend a belated toast. "Clink"!
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#6 Post by 52FM » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:49 pm

I join in wishing everyone a great 2007! I know it will be a pivotal year for me.

sw25
LIT Super Fan

#7 Post by sw25 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:10 pm

I'm with you, Congruous. Not the best year for me, either. Here's hoping things turn around a bit.

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#8 Post by 52FM » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:29 pm

WeAreAwake.org-related 2007 predictions

Scarlett will still not come close to the potential she showed in LiT

Sofia will consider another semi-autobiographical picture about an offspring of a famous figure who failed in one endeavor only to find success in another

Bill will turn down a shot at Ghostbusters III

And more local for me:
The Bears will be one and done again in the playoffs (I already sold my tickets to the first game and I also wisely sold my tickets to the NYE game after they switched the time to 7:15)

Obama will run, but I heard they may have some Chicago-style clout dealings dug up against him

Michael Jordan's divorce will be relatively quiet

And specifically to me:
I will continue to enjoy my new job as well as my college teaching

I will reconnect with at least one of my long-lost friends from High School or college or grad school

I will make time for hobbies I enjoy

No prediction on where counseling will go, but where we left off before the holidays scares me. We will have to slow down the pace as the year goes on for financial reasons

I will attempt to stop with the long rants and vents on the board

I will fail in that attempt

I sense I may end up making my last post on this board before the year is over - without any reason given

If I'm right, I will miss everyone here

As Ith said to me in a previous post - I will survive.

I will finally stop wanting more than that - but get it anyway eventually.

2007 will not be a good year for me, but that will be necessary in order for 2008 to have any chance of turning it around.