chasing geisha

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

samwright8380
Japanese Surfer

chasing geisha

#1 Post by samwright8380 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:11 pm

i decided to go back to japan to take photos for a photography course i happen to be doing....im now in kyoto where ill be untill saturday. if anyone has any ideas of something that would make a good photo in tokyo im all ears....(except inside the park hyatt, its terribly expensive,even with a travel agent discount). ive already got some good shots of tokyo tower, traffic trails with the hyatt in the background etc. ill post them on my next weekend. i was chasing geisha round gion last night as they went between appointments. managed to get a fairly nice pic....wasnt impressed by the state of some of their teeth though! excuse the punctuation....this keyboard isnt too user friendly....

silvermoon
Suntory Time

#2 Post by silvermoon » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:21 pm

i dont have any ideas for pictures but i hope you have a nice time there! altho when i saw the title of this thread, chasing geisha, i was thinking something completely different......my mistake.... :oops:

LostCalls
Lounge Singer

#3 Post by LostCalls » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:53 am

There are some pretty interesting architecture photos that could be taken around Roppongi Hills. The Shibuya "scramble crossing" of course is an option (or the nearby statue of Hachiko). Maybe also some of the early morning fisherman at Tsukiji Market? Just random thoughts. Are you going for something in particular with your photos?

Have a great time!! (Jealous...)

samwright8380
Japanese Surfer

#4 Post by samwright8380 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:51 am

thanks! tsukiji may well be a good idea....the scramble crossing i will definitely do of course. there are a few technical considerations with the neon lighting that make it difficult to shoot at night though. ill be going to rappongi to try some skyline shots, depending on how clean the glass windows are in rappongi hills. im going to the odaiba bridge tomorrow nigfht for some shots there too.

got some pictures of heian shrine today ....the red one.... and also of the stepping stones. theres a little teahouse next to it so i sat an had a drink etc. was pretty nice, yesterday the heat here was extreme. i dont recommend japan in the summer if you cant stand sweating!

Bob_san
Site Admin

#5 Post by Bob_san » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:51 pm

I don't have any suggestions but I can't wait to see the portfolio in your album online!

samwright8380
Japanese Surfer

#6 Post by samwright8380 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:04 am

sorry its been so long guys, due to me moving to a new place i've been without my internet for a while, pics will be up soon, promise!