Forum Modifications - Chat function

News and updates regarding the site and forum as well as your questions and comments.

Moderator: Bob

hull_street
WooHoo Guy

#21 Post by hull_street » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:38 am

Bob wrote:
hull_street wrote:
You might need to change the pop-up options to allow content from weareawake.org, which was the only snag I ran into with the default setup.
Can you explain in more detail what you mean by this and what you were doing in the chat when a problem occured?
I havent given chatspot more than a quick run through.
thanks!
Hi Bob, Firefox comes with a "pop-up blocker" built into it. This feature will prevent the chat window from being created on your desktop. I simply went into "pop-up options" (click on the error message to access it) and added weareawake.org to the "allow content from" list. This would be a problem on any browser with pop-up blocking enabled, though. It isn't specific to Firefox.

jml98
Asleep

#22 Post by jml98 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:59 pm

yeah i tested my firefox with it, it does seem to work. it is MUCH better than the last chat!

#23 Post by Guest » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:25 am

I found on a website some info about how to turn off the annoying click in internet explorer:
The "click" is the sound that Microsoft Internet Explorer makes when you click on a web link. If you wish, you can turn this feature off in the Control Panel. In Windows XP, open the Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices (it's just Sounds & Multimedia in Windows 2000), then Sounds and Audio Devices, then on the Sounds tab, scroll down to the section for Windows Explorer. Click the event called "Start Navigation," and change the setting to "none" from the dropdown box. Click OK to apply the change, and the clicks are gone.

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#24 Post by Just Like Honey... » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:52 am

THANK YOU!!

:lol:

I was on a computer without FireFox for the simul-view and the clicks were driving me insane
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

ForRelaxingTimes
Charlie Brown

#25 Post by ForRelaxingTimes » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:38 am

Is anyone ever in the chat area? everytime I go in, I'm all alone.... :cry: lol
"For Relaxing Times...Make it Suntory Times."

"I'm organizing a prison break..."

#26 Post by Guest » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:23 am

You can either wait until some people show up or create a post in the Lounge asking to setup a time to chat.

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#27 Post by I65 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:23 pm

Bob wrote:post in the Lounge asking to setup a time to chat.
Good idea Bob! 8)

Bob_san
Site Admin

#28 Post by Bob_san » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:18 pm

The chat function was disabled after I discovered that it had security flaws.
I believe it is still being developed by some people and I will find a newer more secure version to install in the next month or so.