Site Updates

News and updates regarding the site and forum as well as your questions and comments.

Moderator: Bob

Site Updates

Postby Guest » Wed May 05, 2004 12:33 am

Hi all!
I've decided to post some site updates here rather than on some page on the site. Not all updates but ones that may be of interest.

Tonight I added the LIT links page. Some good stuff on there and also will be adding more over time. Someone posted a nice set of links in the appearance sforum too!

Bob

Postby Guest » Thu May 13, 2004 12:39 am

I added a fan sites page.
Updated some of the look of the site and some of the pages.
Not a final look but experimental for the time being.
The fan review page will get fixed soon... :roll:

Take a look and tell me what you think!

Bob

August 25, 2004

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:11 pm

Hello all! At least the all that read this.

I have been very busy these days with not a lot of time to update the site. But of course the main event here is the forum and the community interaction which I am happy to see is going so well and that we have more members joining!

I have been taking some web design classes and I am learning some new skills which I am looking forward to putting to use here when I get a chance.

In the meantime, have fun!
Last edited by Guest on Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:22 am

I made some small updates tonight.
Not much but in case you notice it.

bloomer
Lost In Jet Lag

Great Job

Postby bloomer » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:27 pm

Thanks so much for this site. Im' really enjoying trying to figure out what has made me fall in love with this movie and hearing other peoples explanations.

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:15 am

Hello!

I made some major updates tonight.

I finally added the long overdue fan review page!!!!

I also made a major change to the look of the main site.
I worked some frame wizardry (more like trial and error!!) and Voila!
Tell me if you think it looks better or still needs work.

At some point I want to use php and get rid of frames.

The next thing I want to add is a graphic timeline. I have a timeline that someone wrote and I will add some images to it. At some point.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:02 pm

As you can see I have added a new forum topic area about Japan and Japanese Culture as well as moved one of the other topic areas around.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:05 pm

Hello All!
I have been really busy the last 2 to 3 months in the process of relocating and starting a new job and have not had much time to spend here. It seems so far everything is fine etc which is good. Except for the spam accounts. I removed some in Nov but they keep creeping in and when I have some time I will remove the new ones.

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:04 am

I removed the spam accounts I could find up to this point. It's a whole thing because I save the user info and them try and ban the appropriate info so they can't do it again however I'm sure others will creep in.
I know some boards have the graphic that is used to confirm it's a human but we're a small board so it's not critical for that at this point.

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

Postby 52FM » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:04 pm

I hope we don't have to use that graphic thing to log in. I can't tell you how many times I get that thing wrong when I have to type it in - especially on sites like ticketmaster when time is of the essence.

But if we do, we do. It would take a hell of a lot more than that to keep me away from this site!

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:45 am

No I meant for registration not for just logging in.

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:53 pm

I changed registration to Admin moderated meaning I have to approve it due to the increasing number of spam registrations.

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

Postby I65 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:57 pm

Bob wrote:I changed registration to Admin moderated meaning I have to approve it due to the increasing number of spam registrations.

Sounds like our little site hit the Big Time!

TROJAN PROBLEM FIXED TEMPORARILY

Postby Guest » Mon May 08, 2006 11:36 pm

Someone hacked in some javascript and I found and got rid of it.
I need to update the forum software which I will do this weekend.
In the meantime hopefully the forum will stay useable until then.
Remember to use AV at all times anyway!
I recommend Trend Micro!

Return to “Forum and Site Administrivia”