It's Official! areyouawake.org = wearewake.org!! WOOHOO!!!!

News and updates regarding the site and forum as well as your questions and comments.

Moderator: Bob

It's Official! areyouawake.org = wearewake.org!! WOOHOO!!!!

#1 Post by Guest » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:59 pm

I didn't want to say anything about this for fear of jinxing it but I put in a domain watch on areyouawake.org once I saw in December that Crissy had given it up. It takes 60 days or so for it to be released and it just was and now I have it!

I have it set so that it forwards to weareawake.org. This domain, weareawake.org, will stay the main domain. The great thing about this is that there are a lot of links out there to the old domain that were never corrected as well as in search engines so we should expect to get more traffic and perhaps more members!

The domain forwarding takes time to work so it may not resolve until later in the day.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

Re: It's Official! areyouawake.org = wearewake.org!! WOOHOO!

#2 Post by jm » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:51 pm

"Sounds great!
Sorry Chrissy didn't keep up her site."
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jml2
WooHoo Guy

#3 Post by jml2 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:21 pm

good stuff!

hull_street
WooHoo Guy

#4 Post by hull_street » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:11 pm

That's great news, Bob!

I'm glad Chrissy decided not to keep the domain, but I'm sure she's glad to be rid of it,
with all the old links still out there pointing to it.

WhoFeelsLove
Lounge Singer

#5 Post by WhoFeelsLove » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:34 pm

I'm curious..

I was a member of the LiveJournal community AreYouAwake, was that related to the old community you are talking about or was it seperate.

I know a couple people who have been wondering what's happened to it, regardless I'm going to direct them here cause this place is great.
mike

#6 Post by Guest » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:45 am

WhoFeelsLove wrote: I was a member of the LiveJournal community AreYouAwake, was that related to the old community you are talking about or was it seperate.
It was related in that the person who created the old site and the Live Journal community was the same person. I didn't know she deleted the live journal area as well. I just went on LJ and tried to find it and it said it was deleted. This is really sad. I don't get it.
I know a couple people who have been wondering what's happened to it, regardless I'm going to direct them here cause this place is great.
Yes please redirect as many of those folks that were on there to this site!
Thanks!

Luigi
Lost In Tokyo

Nostalgic feeling

#7 Post by Luigi » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:25 am

I'm feeling a bit of nostalgia here. Are we back to the beginning of 2004? It's good to know that we're always awake after more than 1 year. Thanks, Bob.

Emblazed

#8 Post by Emblazed » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:45 am

Awesome! I didnt know about this site once Crissy's went down. Its good to see someone took over and is keeping something up for this awesome film, was a sad day when the forums disapeared from areyouawake.org.

All the same people here?

I actually went to Japan last summer for the first time, was so much fun. I hope to go back again this summer and do some more exploring.

Rock on,
Emblazed

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#9 Post by The Shoegazer » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:36 pm

what did you do in Japan? Were you in some of the places featured in the movie?
Here we are, Stuck by this river