Registration temporarily offline

News and updates regarding the site and forum as well as your questions and comments.

Moderator: Bob

Bob_san
Site Admin

Registration temporarily offline

#1 Post by Bob_san » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:44 pm

Due to several factors including spam registrations and my current workload as such that I cannot keep up with deleting spammers over the next few weeks, I have temporarily disabled registration. I will reopen it in early October. In the meantime we have a great community so discuss!

Bob_san
Site Admin

#2 Post by Bob_san » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:41 pm

I have now restored it.
Any problems let me know.

Bob_san
Site Admin

#3 Post by Bob_san » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:33 am

Due to amount of spam registrations and some other problems I have disabled it again. This also seems to remove being able to edit one's profile as well.

It seems my webhost screwed up yet again and I found that all my email forwarders were gone, hence I was not receiving any email sent to the bob_san address. That was part of the problem.

I hope to have some time at the end of the year to try and find some code to prevent the spam registrations.

Bob_san
Site Admin

#4 Post by Bob_san » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:41 pm

Bob_san
Site Admin

#5 Post by Bob_san » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:10 pm

Once again can't keep up due to other obligations so it is now closed again until time TBD.

Bob_san
Site Admin

#6 Post by Bob_san » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:44 pm

It seems the spammers have found the new location of the forum and have come back with a vengance.

I needed to disable registration once again but I did not want profile editing to be disabled as well. Therefore I paid a little more close attention to what the code does and have now been able to disable registration without disabling profile edits. If you find a problem let me know.

When I have time I will be looking into mods which allow more complex registration and weed out spammers.