Life is like a box of chocolates...

News and updates regarding the site and forum as well as your questions and comments.

Moderator: Bob

Bob_san
Site Admin

#21 Post by Bob_san » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:17 pm

Pockets wrote:
Just Like Honey... wrote:Someone mentioned here that "this is a very tiny message board with only about six active posters". Well to respond to that, I feel it is my duty to remind you to check the view count on your thread before you post if you feel this way (The "Introduce Yourseld Thread" had over three thousand views last time I checked).
I made that comment. And the activity of the board varies greatly month to month. I should have qualified that remark with inserting the word "currently" somewhere in that statement. I believe that the hit counters register daily new hits to each thread. The "introduce yourself" is one that is several years old and dates from the beginning of this message board. However of some of the new threads with no replies, there are only (as of today) 11 hits. And then there is a new thread with 5 replies and 55 hits, so it seems that this week there are 11 active posters and in that thread, they have been revisiting it as they read and reply to it.
I find the recitation and citing of specific stats and figures like this to make a point about minutia a bit tiresome and tedious. I know people want to clarify themselves but I just find to that degree to be unnecessary and patronizing.

I think it's great Just Like Honey came back and expressed some positive things in response to 52's comments. I'm sure based on what he said he will not respond to Pocket's response.

I left the thread open for Pockets and Ith to have a place to try and clear the air amongst themselves. After reading this so far it seems to me that they have not resolved anything, have not even agreed to disagree but simply to ignore each other. Which is fine. As I said I will close the topic at a time and place of my choosing once it seems to me they are done. Or I could leave it open in case they have new issues to discuss in the future. . . . We'll see.

Ithildriel
Ikebana Fan

#22 Post by Ithildriel » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:57 pm

Pockets wrote:And actually I thought I posted it before Ith left the last time, so I don't understand how she could have missed it.
I couldn't delete my account, so I changed my e-mail address. Once that was done, I couldn't access the account, and couldn't contact Bob-san. My account appeared active for several days while I did not have access to the member area of the board.

Bob_san
Site Admin

#23 Post by Bob_san » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:27 pm

I'm going to close this now and move it to the forum admin section.