Tokyo Revealed

Non-LIT specific topics about Japan and Asia - culture, customs, food, people, art, film etc.
Suntory
For Relaxing Times Make It Suntory Time!

Tokyo Revealed

#1 Post by Suntory » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:32 pm

Just saw this on the tv guide about Tokyo tonight on Travel Channel.
Probably too late notice but maybe you can catch it next time.

Tokyo Revealed
TRAV Nov 28 08:00pm and 11pm (EST)
The ancient and the modern rub shoulders in Tokyo.
Original Airdate: April 16, 2002.

KKDallas
Ikebana Fan

#2 Post by KKDallas » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:22 am

I watched this thanks to your post! I want to go to Tokyo so bad. I want to go to the little bars featured in the show. The little bars where only 6-8 people can go. One of the barowners interviewed said photographers, writers and cinema directors frequent his bar. I wonder if Sofia has been there??

:D

jml98
Asleep

#3 Post by jml98 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:44 am

KKDallas wrote: One of the barowners interviewed said photographers, writers and cinema directors frequent his bar. I wonder if Sofia has been there??

:D
Well it is quite possible! Sofia has spent time in Tokyo when she was younger ( i don't know how young though), as most probably already know. I would not be surprised if she did go there...In Japan, the drinking age is 20, but its not very strictly enforced. People i know in Japan said they've never heard of people getting kicked out of bars, clubs etc. for that reason. Underage drinking there is not nearly as big a problem as it is here in the West, so they dont' feel the need to take drastic measures or police the entrance....

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#4 Post by The Shoegazer » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:30 pm

Tokyo is very unique. You can go from the most revolutionized buildings and machines, the ones no one else in the world has yet developed to temples and buildings older than the United States itself. I promised myself I am going to go there this summer but we'll see. :D
Here we are, Stuck by this river