I want the LIT bed!

Non-LIT specific topics about Japan and Asia - culture, customs, food, people, art, film etc.
Dupont Odeon
Sleepless in Tokyo

I want the LIT bed!

#1 Post by Dupont Odeon » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:29 am

I've sent an email to the Tokyo Park Hyatt to find out who makes their beds. I'd like to get one for my home. I've stayed at the TPH, and their bed/mattress/linen combinations are really relaxing. They're low to the ground, making them almost futon-like.

Dupont Odeon
Sleepless in Tokyo

#2 Post by Dupont Odeon » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:15 pm

Wow. They replied in under two hours in perfect, polite english with all the information I requested. Got to love the Japanese. Think I'd get the same service in the States? They actually sell the sheets as a set (sheets, duvet, duvet cover), and they gave me the name of the mattress company. No info on the bed, though.

Pitman
Suntory Time

#3 Post by Pitman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:15 am

Please post details if you can. Thanks!

Dupont Odeon
Sleepless in Tokyo

#4 Post by Dupont Odeon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:22 pm

I'm going to get a set of sheets, which are quite spendy. Here's a link to the TPH giftshop website where they sell all the linens:

http://shop.parkhyatttokyo.com/en/shop/ ... amenities/

What's not listed but was mentioned in the email I received was the duvet and cover, which together cost about $600.

sanspaper
Tourist

#5 Post by sanspaper » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:35 pm

I'll bet you'd have no trouble finding similar sheets, since those on the hotel shop site are temporarily out of stock. Just look for 300 thread count Egyption cotton sheets (that's what they have at the Park Hyatt--theirs are made by Frette, I believe, but you should be able to find this thread-count at Macy's or the like).
For example, just to compare prices with the Park Hyatt hotel store (where they cost around 100 dollars!), they are on Overstock.com for 40 bucks: http://is.gd/1attE.