Can't watch LIT anymore

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

Mr_Tym
Traveler

Can't watch LIT anymore

#1 Post by Mr_Tym » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:24 pm

I dont know why but after the first time of watching it I just can't watch it again and get the same feelings out of it. Maybe they should've made a Lost in Translation 2.0 Different angles and some different dialouge. I hate and love watching great movies because you can only do it once.

Suntory
For Relaxing Times Make It Suntory Time!

#2 Post by Suntory » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:18 am

I can understand that.
People have talked about that here before.

Maybe if you only view it once a year you can get back a similer
feeling. Or when listening to the soundtrack.

But on watching it subsequent times although it was not exactly
as the first, there were things I enjoyed seeing again and
noticing that maybe I had not noticed before.

jml98
Asleep

#3 Post by jml98 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:30 am

Suntory wrote: Maybe if you only view it once a year you can get back a similer
feeling. Or when listening to the soundtrack.
that's definately true for me...whenever i heard "too young" i think of the party....when i hear "sometimes" i think of charlotte and a sleeping bob in the taxi...and when i hear "just like honey" i get real sad and think of the final goodbye...i suppose all things must end

CHris!
Evelyn Waugh

#4 Post by CHris! » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:58 am

yea, Im similar, the first time i saw it, it was fantastic, although i still enjoy, and can easily watch it, i dont get quite the same feeling at the end, sadly :(
theres nothing more than this

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

cant watch

#5 Post by findingcharlotte » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:12 pm

I have also hit walls with LIT where I have to leave it for a while to be able to feel something from the film...( like the first time ) I come back to it when Im down or need someone and theres no one around..Usually late at night ...........then theres some real comfort in pulling up a chair and hanging with Bob and Charlotte for a while..might make you sad..but youre reminded that there are other unsettled souls out there..looking for friends....and theres comfort in that
Call me if you get lost...

" before we go, Im not as brave as I told you.."

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#6 Post by Just Like Honey... » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:46 am

I've experienced the same thing, because i watch the movie so much. I fall asleep to it almost every night, and there are no surprises anymore. Although that takes away some of the drama and oompf of the film, I feel all the more at home with Bob and Charlotte, and chilling with them for a few hours when I've had a bad day just makes it all the better.

One thing I find though, especially will Bill Murray, is that after a while, I can't even remember if it's him or Bob Harris that I'm wathcing. Lots of people have made the comment that Bill acts so naturally and seamlessly, it's almost like he isn't acting at all. I've really noticed this, and now that LiT is so engrained in my mind, I have trouble believing that Bob and Bill are actually not the same person...

But no matter how many times I go through it I'll always get choked up at the end...
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.