Multi-View/Chat

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

jml98
Asleep

Multi-View/Chat

#1 Post by jml98 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:35 am

well, i thought the multi view was very good, and successful, although it woulda been better with more members...dissapointed Bob didn't participate...I did think the delay in the chat room was VERY annoying. also i think we must overloaded the server for this site, it "stopped working" midway through....i think that we should do it again in a few weeks, maybe on a weekend or friday, so that more ppl can join in...read Suntory's post in "multi-view/chat" announcement in this forum for the "transcript" of the chat room...some insightful comments made...some comments may not make sense (e.g. i quoted some stuff from the movie when i heard it...kinda random)

CHris!
Evelyn Waugh

#2 Post by CHris! » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:59 am

I forgot about it :E
What time did you actually start?
theres nothing more than this

jml98
Asleep

#3 Post by jml98 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:10 pm

sorry to have missed u chris...started 9 eastern, hopefully there will be another in the future, there were only about 7 members at this one...don't forget :lol:

Re: Multi-View/Chat

#4 Post by Guest » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:09 am

jml98 wrote:well, i thought the multi view was very good, and successful, although it woulda been better with more members...dissapointed Bob didn't participate...I did think the delay in the chat room was VERY annoying. also i think we must overloaded the server for this site, it "stopped working" midway through....
I addressed most of this in the multiview post.
The little chat room was not responsible. The server was just having its own problems.

You can read about the evolution of the chat room in this post here:

http://www.weareawake.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139

as well as the future enhancements to it. That's a good place to discuss a new chat feature. I do want to implement a new one that's more user friendly with the help of some people here.

jml98
Asleep

#5 Post by jml98 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:28 pm

still...i hated the delay on the chat, i wasn't the only one either...i think that should be an area to focus on improving