Scarlett at Golden Globes (and Sofia)

Items specifically about Bill, Scarlett, and Sofia, etc. Discuss!

Moderator: Bob

Suntory
For Relaxing Times Make It Suntory Time!

Scarlett at Golden Globes (and Sofia)

#1 Post by Suntory » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:56 am

Watched the Golden Globes tonight and Scarlett looked amazing!
Someone find a photo, I cant yet.
Her dress was fabulous and her hair was golden Marilyn Monroe like.

I got what I think was a brief shot of Sofia on the red carpet with Quentin. During the ceremony they showed closeups on Quentin but didnt see Sofia then.

jml98
Asleep

#2 Post by jml98 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:48 am

ahh i missed it...damn finals...did scarlett or sofia present or anything?

jml2
WooHoo Guy

#3 Post by jml2 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:15 am

I haven't seen any pictures of Sofia there, I was assuming she was working too hard on Marie-Antoinette which is supposed to start filming soon.
I also loved Scarlett's look tonight, and I usually don't like her choices at the gala events. Her makeup and hair is always so perfect though. Go to getty.com for some pics

jml2
WooHoo Guy

#4 Post by jml2 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:15 am

here's some pics

Suntory
For Relaxing Times Make It Suntory Time!

#5 Post by Suntory » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:01 pm

jml98 wrote:ahh i missed it...damn finals...did scarlett or sofia present or anything?
Scarlett did present but I forgot what exactly. It was kind of hard to pay attention
to what she was actually saying. . . :D :shock:

jml98
Asleep

#6 Post by jml98 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:02 pm

Suntory wrote: Scarlett did present but I forgot what exactly. It was kind of hard to pay attention
to what she was actually saying. . . :D :shock:
haha, that's so great! haha...
yeah, she looked stunning :shock:

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

Re: Scarlett at Golden Globes (and Sofia)

#7 Post by Just Like Honey... » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:20 pm

Suntory wrote: her hair was golden Marilyn Monroe like.
Thats the first thing that popped into my head, too. Great stuff!!
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

Silver

#8 Post by Silver » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:55 pm

Scarlett along with Ewan MacGregor were the presenters for Best Foreign Film which was awarded to "The Sea Inside."

jml98
Asleep

#9 Post by jml98 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:07 am

did they do some corny, forced joke? those are the worst.

p.s. silver, why don't u become a member?

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#10 Post by The Shoegazer » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:19 pm

I STILL believe she was much more beautiful in LiT , anyone agree?
Here we are, Stuck by this river

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#11 Post by Just Like Honey... » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:32 pm

I definetly agree... mostly because she looked a lot more natural than when she's dolled up for the globes. One thing I've never seen her with other than in LiT is the hairstyle she had during the whole movie. Every time I see Scarlett at an awards ceremony or anything she always has her hair back or up and she doesn't look as cute or pouty as she does in LiT. But then again maybe that's not the look she's going for, who knows? :wink:
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

jml98
Asleep

#12 Post by jml98 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:56 pm

i think she's going for that elegant (not glamourous; there's a difference) look and she pulls it off pretty well...i still like the more natural look she has in her movies though

#13 Post by Guest » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:32 am

Much as we want Scarlet to be Charlotte, she has little to do with Charlotte. If she was wise enough to preserve Charlotte's style granted to her for free by Sofia, she could have achieved much more in life and profession. She had a wonderful chance of becoming an original and enigmatic girl that stands out of the Hollywood crowd. Yet we see what we see. It upsets me to see her looking this loud (to put it mildly). A big mistake of her manager...

Silver
Wide Awake

#14 Post by Silver » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:41 am

I tend to agree. Given the fact that Scarlett just turned twenty this past November, the attention and publicity that she is getting is a bit much.

I almost get the feeling of "too much, too soon." It is the aim of the agents and publicity hounds to capitalize on everything and every move. However, there have been appearances, even on talk shows that you almost feel as if you were her parent, you'd be the first one to rein her back in.

#15 Post by Guest » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:41 am

From what I learn about her public life, I am afraid to state she's following Anna Faris character's way. No exception to the rules of Hollywood.

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#16 Post by Just Like Honey... » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:41 am

Anonymous wrote:From what I learn about her public life, I am afraid to state she's following Anna Faris character's way. No exception to the rules of Hollywood.
I'm actually starting to agree with that (stress on the following Anna Faris' character.. she's not nearly as bad). And, for lack of a better word, it really sucks. She has such great acting skills (especially in LiT where she can say so much without really saying anything) that it's a real shame to see her headed in the direction of turning into another Hollywood cookie-cutter young actress.

jml98
Asleep

#17 Post by jml98 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:48 pm

yeah, i totally agree. i don't like it, and i hoped that it wasn't true, but it seems that it is. She smokes, drinks, and has sex on elevators (ok, it was only one time, but STILL...cmon) *sigh* too bad, i thought she was different than other actresses....oh well :(

jml2
WooHoo Guy

#18 Post by jml2 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:49 pm

I don't know, I've been reading some articles and have been getting the impression that she's pretty independent, opinionated and smart, and unlike most starlets. I like how she was unafraid to voice her political beliefs. I haven't seen her on tv though. I kind of like the way she tries so many different looks and roles, from schlocky to classy. A true chameleon actress, she doesn't want to be pigeon-holed. She seems quite an original to me.

jml2
WooHoo Guy

#19 Post by jml2 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:50 pm

jml98 wrote:yeah, i totally agree. i don't like it, and i hoped that it wasn't true, but it seems that it is. She smokes, drinks, and has sex on elevators (ok, it was only one time, but STILL...cmon) *sigh* too bad, i thought she was different than other actresses....oh well :(
apparently that elevator rumour was crap. She denied it with dry humour and that was just taken as further confirmation of it.
Smoking is stupid though.

jml98
Asleep

#20 Post by jml98 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:12 pm

well, don't quote me on this, but wasn't it scarlett herself that admitted to her little elevator adventure? why would she make up a rumor like that about her self...maybe she said it jokingly...i dunno, when i read it i got the impression that it was true, maybe i'm wrong