Sofia what have you done to me!

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown

Sofia what have you done to me!

#1 Post by You Make it Easy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:15 pm

I can't stop watching this film, I can go for a week or so but I end up watching it again. Such a beautiful film, I'm sure I will get tired of it eventually, maybe...

LITobsession
Park Hyatt Regular

#2 Post by LITobsession » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:31 pm

My advice is to only watch it when you are completely sure it's the film you're in the mood for.

Otherwise over-watching could cheapen the experience.

Of course, if anyone is so in love as to join a msg board deticated to the film, it's unlikely you'll tire of LIT anytime soon.
I'm still lost...

wiggle
Lounge Singer

#3 Post by wiggle » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:18 am

I like to wait until I'm in the mood for it because it makes for a more poignant experience. However, since I watched it back in October I don't think there's been a day I haven't thought about the relationship Bob and Charlotte have, and what might happen after they part.
Where the hell's the whiskey?

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

Re: Sofia what have you done to me!

#4 Post by The Shoegazer » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:10 pm

You Make it Easy wrote:I can't stop watching this film, I can go for a week or so but I end up watching it again. Such a beautiful film, I'm sure I will get tired of it eventually, maybe...
Outrage!! She did that to me too. She should be locked away in a high security prison with no means of communication or contac with forgein culture!
Here we are, Stuck by this river

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#5 Post by Just Like Honey... » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:14 pm

I've pretty much gotten over my binge-watching of LiT(I used to fall asleep to it every single night, usually shutting my eyes around the photo shoot scene). The only time I seem to put it on now (I think I've seen this posted on another topic) is when I'm having a bad day and I need something familiar and comfortable to get my mind off things.
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

welcometoTokyo
Sleepless in Tokyo

#6 Post by welcometoTokyo » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:33 pm

[quote]I used to fall asleep to it every single night, usually shutting my eyes around the photo shoot scene)..[/quote]

you're not the only one

Autumn Child
Philosopher

#7 Post by Autumn Child » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:54 pm

Just Like Honey... wrote:I've pretty much gotten over my binge-watching of LiT(I used to fall asleep to it every single night, usually shutting my eyes around the photo shoot scene). The only time I seem to put it on now (I think I've seen this posted on another topic) is when I'm having a bad day and I need something familiar and comfortable to get my mind off things.

me too.

I like relaxing to LIT against a suishy cushion and with a malibu and coke, and then falling asleep.

By the end im a bit tipsy, and Just Like Honey on the credits makes me feel so sad but happy at the same time :)

i was planning to watch it again, but ive just lent it to a friend, so i'll have to make do with the soundtrack...

:)

find me at www.talkrpg.tk

masterp
Traveler

#8 Post by masterp » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:04 pm

yeah im the same. to be honest i have become desensitised to it. i like just having it on in the background, with the evocative soundtrack and beautiful lighting. i dont even have to look at the screen as it just gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling of comfort. sure, i ll never get back the feeling of wonder the first couple of times i watched it, which is a bit of shame as its such a fantastic film, but instead it has become like an old friend

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

#9 Post by findingcharlotte » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:39 am

think about it at night when Im falling asleep...It is indeed like an old friend..something comforting, intimate...

Dont watch as much as I used to but its always on my mind and has never left my heart.
Call me if you get lost...

" before we go, Im not as brave as I told you.."

adrien950
Japanese Surfer

#10 Post by adrien950 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:22 am

I've watched this movie alot,but have yet to be desensitized to it. I have seen it enough to visualize scenes in my mind while I get ready to try and sleep or when I'm daydreaming(when I get the chance!). I do listen to the soundtrack more than I watch the movie because I travel often and I find the music soothing just like the movie...like I'm with an old friend (perfect description,masterp!).