Bob's Ringtone

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

pohleonguk
Wide Awake

Bob's Ringtone

#1 Post by pohleonguk » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:17 pm

Hi guys,
I just wondered if any of you knew what Bob's ringtone in the film was and if so perhaps where I could get it?? I remember a year or two back this was covered here or perhaps on IMDb but I cant find the posts anymore. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks guys :)

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

Re: Bob's Ringtone

#2 Post by jm » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:39 am

"[quote:7804c3621e="pohleonguk"]Hi guys,
I just wondered if any of you knew what Bob's ringtone in the film was and if so perhaps where I could get it?? I remember a year or two back this was covered here or perhaps on IMDb but I cant find the posts anymore. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks guys :)[/quote:7804c3621e]We're going to have to get a FAQ together to take care of this stuff. :wink:
"The ring tone on Bob's cell phone is Chopin's 'Fantaisie Impromptu' in C sharp minor, Opus 66""
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pohleonguk
Wide Awake

#3 Post by pohleonguk » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:19 am

johnmonkey wrote:
pohleonguk wrote:Hi guys,
I just wondered if any of you knew what Bob's ringtone in the film was and if so perhaps where I could get it?? I remember a year or two back this was covered here or perhaps on IMDb but I cant find the posts anymore. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks guys :)
We're going to have to get a FAQ together to take care of this stuff. :wink:
"The ring tone on Bob's cell phone is Chopin's 'Fantaisie Impromptu' in C sharp minor, Opus 66"
Thanks for that post :) Now to find the ringtone that sounds like the one in the film :P Ive heard a few but they are not exactly the same lol. I think I remember it was a default tone from a phone that was only available in Japan....hmm... well if anyone has a good place to get the ringtone that would be great :)

Autumn Child
Philosopher

#4 Post by Autumn Child » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:16 pm

pohleonguk wrote:
johnmonkey wrote:
pohleonguk wrote:Hi guys,
We're going to have to get a FAQ together to take care of this stuff. :wink:
"The ring tone on Bob's cell phone is Chopin's 'Fantaisie Impromptu' in C sharp minor, Opus 66"
Thanks for that post :) Now to find the ringtone that sounds like the one in the film :P Ive heard a few but they are not exactly the same lol. I think I remember it was a default tone from a phone that was only available in Japan....hmm... well if anyone has a good place to get the ringtone that would be great :)
ive heard the same, or very similar, on a 3G motorola.

find me at www.talkrpg.tk

pohleonguk
Wide Awake

#5 Post by pohleonguk » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:53 pm

Autumn Child wrote:
pohleonguk wrote:
johnmonkey wrote:We're going to have to get a FAQ together to take care of this stuff. :wink:
ive heard the same, or very similar, on a 3G motorola.
Hmm well I aint found anything to suggest that it was a preloaded ringtone by Motorola so seems like a dead end that one. Ive found a few Midis and Mp3's of fantaise impromptu but the one Bob has sounds very distinct, almost like with a modern sorta twist to it.

hull_street
WooHoo Guy

#6 Post by hull_street » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:33 pm

I use FI as my main ringtone on a Motorola V551. The poly tone isn't the same sound as that in the film, but I'm happy just to have the same piece of music. It gets your attention, that's for sure. It's such a manic piece, it's very difficult to ignore.

Autumn Child
Philosopher

#7 Post by Autumn Child » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:46 am

have you not got a polyphonic tone composer on your mobile?

you could just find the sheet music and create the tone on your mobile

find me at www.talkrpg.tk

pohleonguk
Wide Awake

#8 Post by pohleonguk » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:55 pm

Autumn Child wrote:have you not got a polyphonic tone composer on your mobile?

you could just find the sheet music and create the tone on your mobile
No I dont, but I found a midi file of FI, guess thats as close as I can get :P

Bob_san
Site Admin

#9 Post by Bob_san » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:08 am

I posted a new topic about this which includes some ring tones on the server.

viewtopic.php?t=905