LIT's Sondtrack and WHY isn't it IN LIT?

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

BillsBunnie
Stocking Lipper

LIT's Sondtrack and WHY isn't it IN LIT?

#1 Post by BillsBunnie » Wed May 12, 2004 12:05 am

:? Hey..why isn't "GOODBYE" (#6) in LIT? It's so
desperately sad as well as beautiful.

Suntory
For Relaxing Times Make It Suntory Time!

#2 Post by Suntory » Wed May 12, 2004 12:26 am

How many times have you seen the movie?!
I'm positive its in there but without have the DVD I cant say for sure where. Since its called Goodbye Im thinking it was somewhere in where Bob and Charlotte say Goodbye!!!!!

Anyone else know?!?!?!

BillsBunnie
Stocking Lipper

#3 Post by BillsBunnie » Wed May 12, 2004 12:56 am

:roll: Hi Suntory... NOPE..it's NOT there. I promise. It's not ANYWHERE
in LIT. Too Bad. It's so pretty. THANKS for the try. :wink:

jeffyen
Lounge Singer

#4 Post by jeffyen » Wed May 12, 2004 4:20 am

I think what might have happened is that the song is one of Shield's composition, but it got cut during final editing...since it's only 2 mins, into the soundtrack it goes!

http://wairen.bravehost.com/lost.html

The same could also be said for the extra song in the Japanese edition of the soundtrack.

jeffyen
Lounge Singer

#5 Post by jeffyen » Wed May 12, 2004 4:27 am

Can someone also help me verify this. The version of MBV's Sometimes in the film seems to be in a different key from the soundtrack. Why is that?!

Suntory

#6 Post by Suntory » Wed May 12, 2004 12:50 pm

BillsBunnie wrote::roll: Hi Suntory... NOPE..it's NOT there. I promise. It's not ANYWHERE
in LIT. Too Bad. It's so pretty. THANKS for the try. :wink:
Well then it must be that it so fits in with the rest of the compositions and the mood of the film that I simply was tricked into believing it was in the film!!! :shock:

I wonder where in America one can get a copy of the Japanese soundtrack with the extra song. Although if anyone wants to post a link to an mp3 somewhere that would be cool! 8)

phillygalinutah
Lounge Singer

Re: Japanese Soundtrack for LIT

#7 Post by phillygalinutah » Wed May 12, 2004 1:05 pm

I haven't found a link to a MP3, but did see the Japanese LIT soundtrackt offered on EBAY previously. :D

BillsBunnie
Stocking Lipper

There IS a difference

#8 Post by BillsBunnie » Wed May 12, 2004 4:08 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone also help me verify this. The version of MBV's Sometimes in the film seems to be in a different key from the soundtrack. Why is that?!
I just think it's editing. There's also voice over in LIT, so it sounds
a bit different. Like Bill's More Than This is also different, but GREAT
just the same! :mrgreen:

hull_street
WooHoo Guy

#9 Post by hull_street » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:06 pm

I have to admit that I wasn't the biggest fan of My Bloody Valentine when they were active, probably because I didn't have my ears opened to them properly. It's been great to rediscover the Loveless album 13 years after the fact, and finally "get it".

Suntory

#10 Post by Suntory » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:00 pm

hull_street wrote:It's been great to rediscover the Loveless album 13 years after the fact, and finally "get it".
Cool! It's interesting how something may not strike your fancy when you first hear it but then may take hold years alter. Myself, I was taken with MBV when I first heard "Soon" back in 91. Apparently they have quite a back catalog before then but I had never heard any of it. Now I should go and try and find them.

After seeing the film I dusted off Loveless which I had not listened to in a long time and it was wonderful.

hull_street
WooHoo Guy

#11 Post by hull_street » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:45 am

I think this was addressed somewhere else, but I can't find it now. I'm trying to find out what the song is that is playing in the background during the photo shoot scene with Naka. I just need to find that song and Rick James' "Love Gun", and I can finish my personal soundtrack album !

Blissbomb
Stocking Lipper

#12 Post by Blissbomb » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:12 am

I just purchased the LIT soundtrack and I cant stop playing it. My friends and family think its the worst music they have ever heard, which makes me like it even more! It has a subtle sound of elevator music on acid. Its so laid back and gentle, its brilliant.
Lost in World

KKDallas
Ikebana Fan

#13 Post by KKDallas » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:41 pm

hull_street wrote:I think this was addressed somewhere else, but I can't find it now. I'm trying to find out what the song is that is playing in the background during the photo shoot scene with Naka. I just need to find that song and Rick James' "Love Gun", and I can finish my personal soundtrack album !
I've been doing some research on this. I think it is "Torn Into" by Matt Sims or maybe Mount Sims. Check out http://www.soundtrackcollector.com for all of the songs used in LiT.

I'm a member of Rhapsody and they didn't have it available for downloading. I am still trying to find a site where I can listen and download it. I'll post again if I ever find anything.

#14 Post by Guest » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:29 pm

When she is in her room listening to " A Sole's Search" cd, I believe there is some music playing quietly during that scene. It might be "Goodbye".

Suntory

#15 Post by Suntory » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:03 pm

Guest wrote:When she is in her room listening to " A Sole's Search" cd,
Actually I think that would be "Soul" not "Sole"!!!!

hull_street
WooHoo Guy

#16 Post by hull_street » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:45 pm

Guest wrote:
When she is in her room listening to " A Sole's Search" cd,
Actually I think that would be "Soul" not "Sole"!!!!
Charlotte could be described as a bit of a "shoegazer", so "Soles Search" might be appropriate...

#17 Post by Guest » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:28 pm

OOOPS on the spelling. I don't have the dvd, so I'm relying on someone
reading this to watch that scene again and let BillsBunnie know if the music playing is in fact "Goodbye".

Blissbomb
Stocking Lipper

#18 Post by Blissbomb » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:48 am

Actually if you are a LITholic, this CD does nothing to help you break your addiction. You will lose freinds and family as they question your sanity. But you dont care, you take your little peice of heaven with you everywhere, in the car, the computer at work, the computer at home. You become a LIT junkie. You start searching for batteries so you can listen to it on a CD walkman. It swirls around your head and your back in Tokyo! Just one more listen and then I will give up. Yeah Right!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lost in World

#19 Post by Guest » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:15 am

Blissbomb wrote:Actually if you are a LITholic, this CD does nothing to help you break your addiction. You will lose freinds and family as they question your sanity. But you dont care, you take your little peice of heaven with you everywhere, in the car, the computer at work, the computer at home. You become a LIT junkie. You start searching for batteries so you can listen to it on a CD walkman. It swirls around your head and your back in Tokyo! Just one more listen and then I will give up. Yeah Right!!!!!!!!!!!!

....and, you're not kidding :wink:
i'm tempted to run out and buy the same Bose headphones Charlotte/Scarlett wears to complete the insanity. :lol:

jml98
Asleep

#20 Post by jml98 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:55 am

this is an awesome LiT soundtrack site. it tells you when a given song was played (it gives you the scene and the time past in the movie(!)) and has all the songs, including the ones only in the credits.

http://wairen.bravehost.com/lost.html