"A Conversation With God"

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

K
LIT Super Fan

"A Conversation With God"

#1 Post by K » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:01 pm

This really is an amazing article, even if it is all false, it makes you really think.

http://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art.php?id=tal

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

#2 Post by A moment of silence » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:04 pm

:? Well, this is a weird article--- I would say this so called God might have been a stalker or a...something. If a guy like that approached me, I'd call the cops. But thanks K, it does make you think.
Nothing is more beautiful than something that will not last

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#3 Post by The Shoegazer » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:36 pm

gee, that dude must have no life to think that stuff up. Pretty good arguments though but please. Those crazy englishmen.
Here we are, Stuck by this river

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#4 Post by Just Like Honey... » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:29 pm

The Shoegazer wrote:gee, that dude must have no life to think that stuff up. Pretty good arguments though but please. Those crazy englishmen.
To be honest, I thought the arguments were horribly nonsensical and completely without rationale. What this seems like to me is just an aspiring philosopher (that may be too strong of a word - maybe 'wannabee' would be more appropriate) that likes to do a little writing/blogging (although I must admit there is a big difference between actual writing and that horrible pastime we refer to as blogging.. any present company excluded) on the side. I thought it was an interesting read, but if Mr. Philosopher is writing this so people will think he's smart or something he will be sadly disappointed. Then again, after reviewing the rest of the site, it becomes clear to me he doesn't really intend to convey the message that his article is supposedly true, so any qualm that I might have had with it is now settled. Good Read :wink: .
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

Old Member B
Charlie Brown

#5 Post by Old Member B » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:06 pm

Last edited by Old Member B on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pitman
Suntory Time

#6 Post by Pitman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:33 am

Yeah, just another armchair wannabee philosopher. His concepts are rather childish and simplistic in particular, the Level 1 and Level 2 format. I think he must have read the books of Seth, or other similar "channelled" material. It's pure fiction. But hey, a lot of science fiction which predicted future possibilites ended up being true. So, you just never know.

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#7 Post by jm » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:17 pm

Sorry, I've no interest at all in Mr. God.