*wave*

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

ashenflower
Tourist

*wave*

#1 Post by ashenflower » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:49 am

hi. i'm new here. and i'm not sure what i am seaching for, except maybe a little release from the pent up emotion of being lost that keeps me awake.

on the outside, i appear to have it all. i'm only 22 and already have a loving husband, a great education, a comfortable life. but i, too, am lost. you see, i am a thinker. i feel things no one around me feels. i see things no one around me sees. so many thoughts and emotions run through my blood and i can never hold them back. i hold an enchantment and complete awe of my surroundings that i cannot share. i am enthralled by so many things and have no medium with which to express it all. like an artist without paint, a musician without music.

does it have to do with love? not sure. i don't think so. i think it has more to do with simply feeling unconnected. pent up, lost in a mind full of thoughts and a sea of "flashy photographers" and "that girl". doomed to always be the one seeing "how stupid everyone is", in the words of charlotte's oh-so-doting husband. doomed to sit in a window and stare or to be labeled too intense. doomed to sit awake at night wondering why i think so much or to listen to ridiculous self-discovery tapes. but not destined to have that chance encounter that makes it all worth it. that reminds you of the beauty of the gift of thought you have been given. that appreciates it all alongside you, even if for a day.

so what does this have to do with an intro post? it doesn't. just enjoying the anonymity of it all, with that glimmer that there might be others who are blessed, or cursed, with this similiar mind, these similiar thoughts. of being lost inside yourself, longing for a connection with something, anything, and wondering "does it ever get any easier"?.

-e

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#2 Post by jm » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:55 pm

I think we mostly have similar minds here. It isn't as noisy here as it once was, as we've kind of wrung all that we can out of the movie. But welcome, and post anything you like!
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

#3 Post by A moment of silence » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:26 pm

I feel like that sometimes, like no one out there truly fits me or understands me...like I am "lost" in my own skin and need a connection with someone or something but it never seems to come- "does it ever get easier?" NO. I guess the more years you live in this planet, the harder and tougher things get because you discover how raw life is day by day...hoping that everything will get better once you are found. That is my point of view. Welcome and enjoy!! :D
Nothing is more beautiful than something that will not last

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#4 Post by 52FM » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:33 pm

What was the line Bob used to Charlotte about it getting easier? Was it when you know who you are, or when you don't care as much - or something. I don't have the script handy anymore else I'd look it up (unless it was an ad-lib.)

K
LIT Super Fan

#5 Post by K » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:23 pm

I think it is along the lines of;

"The more you know who you are, the less things bother you"

Or something like that....

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

#6 Post by A moment of silence » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:51 pm

" The more you know who you are and what you want, the less you'll let things upset you"

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#7 Post by 52FM » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:58 pm

That's a great line. I can't beleive Sofia wrote it herself - she must have gotten that from someone.

I'm in my 50s and I still don't feel that yet; maybe never will. That is - I guess I don't know myself or what I want - so the other part follows also.

But hey - I'm still young (at heart) so there is plenty of time!

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

#8 Post by A moment of silence » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:17 am

I believe age is nothing but a number and only society and culture make you feel the age itself- we are all young at heart if we allow ourselves that honor. So, you go 52 FM !! :P

#9 Post by Guest » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:46 pm

johnmonkey wrote:It isn't as noisy here as it once was, as we've kind of wrung all that we can out of the movie.
Right then, Ok, I guess we're done here!!!
We'll be closing up shop at the end of the month.
Get everything while you can at our giant liquidation sale!
All comments and reviews 100% off! Absolutely free!!!

:shock: :D Ok just kidding!
But welcome, and post anything you like!
Yes welcome and it's nice for new folks to catch up on the prior discussions and then just hang out and talk
about whatever in the company of like minded folks.

silvermoon
Suntory Time

#10 Post by silvermoon » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:19 pm

that line, about knowing what you want, i think i've reached another level in my life that i've never been before where i am closer to understanding it (but not yet). through my current relationship, i am beginning to find out what i want in life, and the more i find what i want, the less it bothers me if i dont have it now. if i dont have what i want it doesnt bother me to let go, because i no longer have this feeling of aimlessness, i have a sense of direction. i never have to worry about being lost. finding a meaning to life is a personal matter, but having purpose is very comforting. it's a reason to get up in the morning.

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#11 Post by jm » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:33 pm

"[quote:8faa3884ed="silvermoon"]through my current relationship, i am beginning to find out what i want in life, and the more i find what i want, the less it bothers me if i dont have it now.[/quote:8faa3884ed]
Sounds like a great relationship!"
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

blades7896
Alone in Kyoto

#12 Post by blades7896 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:43 pm

I am totally lost too, without the articularcy to get anything I'm really thinking out in the open, without the self-esteem or will to change anything, with little in the way of a future and a shitty life currently that I seem almost resigned too, yet at the same time I'm concious of resigning myself to it, but seem weirdly paralysed and unsure as how to change anything.

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#13 Post by I65 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:11 pm

blades7896 wrote:I am totally lost too, without the articularcy to get anything I'm really thinking out in the open, without the self-esteem or will to change anything, with little in the way of a future and a shitty life currently that I seem almost resigned too, yet at the same time I'm concious of resigning myself to it, but seem weirdly paralysed and unsure as how to change anything.
Decide what you want out of life. You (probably) only get one shot. Then determine what you need to achieve it, make a plan and Go For It!

It's all about the journey, baby. :wink:

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#14 Post by jm » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:11 pm

"[quote:10f2cee726="blades7896"]I am totally lost too, without the articularcy to get anything I'm really thinking out in the open, without the self-esteem or will to change anything, with little in the way of a future and a shitty life currently that I seem almost resigned too, yet at the same time I'm concious of resigning myself to it, but seem weirdly paralysed and unsure as how to change anything.[/quote:10f2cee726]
I feel like that sometimes, but not as much as I used to. I recommend getting married, and then you can turn your critical skills off yourself and onto someone else full-time!"