The Community

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown

The Community

#1 Post by You Make it Easy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:09 pm

Hello all, been a long time since I have been here, and it seems like the community is slowing down. Now I understand that about every scene and detail has been discussed, but it just seems like no one has much to talk about. Maybe thats just a quick assumption.
Waiting to be found...

K
LIT Super Fan

#2 Post by K » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:39 pm

The movie has been discussed in all it's length about now I think. But that doesn't stop people putting mad theorys out there, or trying to make action films out of the storyline.

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

Re: The Community

#3 Post by jm » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:17 pm

"[quote:b12d76f65a="You Make it Easy"]Hello all, been a long time since I have been here, and it seems like the community is slowing down. Now I understand that about every scene and detail has been discussed, but it just seems like no one has much to talk about. Maybe thats just a quick assumption.[/quote:b12d76f65a]
I talk about different stuff on livejournal, but I think the movie's been wrung dry. :cry:"
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

#4 Post by Guest » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:33 pm

Yes perhaps the forum has officially reached "Suntory Time" where you are just kind of hanging out enjoying spending time with an old friend, with intensity, looking into the camera.

There are other discussions going on in other areas of the forum. There is no reason why you can't start a topic on any subject you like and I am sure there are others who would have something to say as well.

PS - I know it's silly but I'm kind of a fan of the action storyline. Maybe someone can come up with a SciFi storyline. . .

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#5 Post by jm » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:03 am

"[quote:cfdcdb71e4="Bob"]There are other discussions going on in other areas of the forum. There is no reason why you can't start a topic on any subject you like and I am sure there are others who would have something to say as well.[/quote:cfdcdb71e4]
Well, on livejournal, I am having fun talking about the war, Western values, Christopher Hitchens, and atheism. But having that discussion here would be a bit like having a rowdy volleyball game in the middle of the public library. :?"
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

#6 Post by Guest » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:29 pm

Nice new icon!
I'd like to see the Spock icon make a guest appearance every now and then .. . .

Did you watch that Discovery special When William Shatner Ruled The World?!

preciouswhile
Mr. Kazo sent me

#7 Post by preciouswhile » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:24 pm

Well even if the discussion and analysis of the movie has run its course, I hope this forum continues to go on. It's nice to have this place to come to, if only to know there are other people around who appreciate LiT (and similar subjects) as much I do. That's why I searched out this place originally, because I couldn't find anyone else to share it with.

If nothing else, we can all just continue to post in the Play It Again topic every time we see it.

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#8 Post by Just Like Honey... » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:45 pm

Well, I'm on here every day and enjoy reading and posting, but I rarely ever check the LiT section anymore. Plenty of unrelated stuff though :) .
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

jml2
WooHoo Guy

#9 Post by jml2 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:02 pm

I really like this forum and community, doesn't matter if it isn't super busy daily.

hull_street
WooHoo Guy

#10 Post by hull_street » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:37 pm

jml2 wrote:I really like this forum and community, doesn't matter if it isn't super busy daily.
I feel the same way. This is a great place to put your feet up and relax with a few kindred spirits.

I never really felt like I "belonged" in an online community, until I found this one. It's been a great experience, and I hope this site is around for a long time. And all of you, as well! :)

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#11 Post by jm » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:41 pm

"[quote:5991fc854e="Bob"]Nice new icon!
I'd like to see the Spock icon make a guest appearance every now and then ..
Did you watch that Discovery special When William Shatner Ruled The World?![/quote:5991fc854e]
No, I don't have cable, but it would have been fun to see. I suppose once I get really rich I'll buy the complete TOS. :wink:"
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#12 Post by jm » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:43 pm

"[quote:6b43f69d6f="drabthehours"]...there are other people around who appreciate LiT (and similar subjects) as much I do.[/quote:6b43f69d6f]
We need to get a list of those similar subjects and post about them, I guess.
I am enjoying the political stuff elsewhere."