I cant stop thinking about Lost In Translation

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

bloomer
Lost In Jet Lag

You're not alone

#21 Post by bloomer » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:03 am

Most of us are feeling exactly what you are feeling. This is a nice outlet. We need to set up a chat time and watch the movie together simultaneously. How does that sound to everyone?

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

Re: You're not alone

#22 Post by jm » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:58 am

"[quote:8214113d6d="bloomer"]Most of us are feeling exactly what you are feeling. This is a nice outlet. We need to set up a chat time and watch the movie together simultaneously. How does that sound to everyone?[/quote:8214113d6d]

That might breathe some life into the place. I'd participate if my schedule [color=green:8214113d6d](your [i:8214113d6d]what?)[/i:8214113d6d][/color:8214113d6d] allows."
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blissbomb
Stocking Lipper

#23 Post by Blissbomb » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:18 am

Cant wait to buy the soundtrack, Kevin Sheilds is awesome, I have only just discovered Shoegazing music thanks to LIT. I dont know how I ever missed My Bloody Valentine when I was young. I have down loaded three MP3's Blown a wish, Sometimes and Soon, they are all great songs!
Lost in World

bloomer
Lost In Jet Lag

#24 Post by bloomer » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:17 am

[quote="ybrik2k"]I don't completely understand why I reacted --and continue to react-- so strongly. I thought it was just me because it struck a very personal chord with a past experience but, now that I see so many others getting the same reaction, I wonder...could we ALL have "been there" before?[/quote]

I can't recall having a specific experience like this. I'll have to think on it. I do remember how profoundly I was affected by the movie. I was so absorbed in the movie that I could start watching it at any point in the movie which is rare for me. I've seen it so many times now. I'm sure everyone has had platonic friendships that at any second could have gone through to the next level.

jml98

#25 Post by jml98 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:05 pm

i couldn't agree more that LiT is a life-changing movie. I think about things differently, i see things differently; the movie even got me into bands like phoenix and my bloody valentine, two bands which i didn't know about until after this movie. i hope that sofia knows how much that movie has changed my life, and (judging from all of the comments) many more as well.

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#26 Post by jm » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:11 pm

(deleted)
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

switchtosake
Lost In Tokyo

Another Experience

#27 Post by switchtosake » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:49 pm

Here's another one for you. I was out at a club with a bunch of aquaintances. One was a married couple, two were divorced, and myself and another woman were married to different people. Throughout the night the woman and I had many awkward exchanges. There was quite clearly a mutual attraction, but an inabilitiy to act on it due to the obvious morale implications. It became a little obvious after a while as a slow dance would come on and after she was asked to dance by one of the other gentlemen in the party, she would glance hopefully at me. This continued for most of the night, and after several drinks on both our parts, I sat on a vacant stool with my foot on an opposite stool. After 5 minutes or so she came and sat on the other stool and purposefully rested her leg against mine. Neither of us acknowledged the other but a silent exchange had taken place. We acknowledged our mutual attraction, while admitting to ourselves that nothing could happen. We didn't even make eye contact. We sat like that for a few more minutes until it was time to leave.

What makes it more of an LIT experience is that she is moving far across the country shortly. Much like in LIT.

lost in translation
LIT Super Fan

#28 Post by lost in translation » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:01 pm

The movie changed me to some degree.

It took me about a week to stop thinking about it constantly. Now, it's just another movie I absolutely love. I enjoy this movie more than anything I've ever seen. :)

Never2late

Re: Another Experience

#29 Post by Never2late » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:21 am

[quote="switchtosake"] We acknowledged our mutual attraction, while admitting to ourselves that nothing could happen.
What makes it more of an LIT experience is that she is moving far across the country shortly. Much like in LIT.[/quote]

That was a great post from you Mr. Switchtosake!
If the movie could only stop some from making a mistake by just following instant seductive ideas... Seriously, that would be a great help for Sophia on the Judgement Day. And as we start being more attentive to our inner life we find out more and more about ourselves and the world around. "More than this"...

Blissbomb
Stocking Lipper

#30 Post by Blissbomb » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:34 am

Its definitely changed me. Im being more open to others that I am less familar and comfortable with. Its been a joy cause I have recieved more back in return. I have definitely thought of working in the travel industry after watching LIT, to get closer to the action? I dont know why but when I first watched LIT I felt like I had been physically punched in the stomach that lasted for about three days, it was spooky. Thats never happened to me before. Guess Im just a believer?
Lost in World

#31 Post by Guest » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:41 pm

Blissbomb wrote:Its definitely changed me. Im being more open to others that I am less familar and comfortable with. Its been a joy cause I have recieved more back in return. I have definitely thought of working in the travel industry after watching LIT, to get closer to the action? I dont know why but when I first watched LIT I felt like I had been physically punched in the stomach that lasted for about three days, it was spooky. Thats never happened to me before. Guess Im just a believer?
I had that same punchied-in-the-stomach feeling. :shock:

lost in translation
LIT Super Fan

#32 Post by lost in translation » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:44 pm

Anonymous wrote:I had that same punchied-in-the-stomach feeling. :shock:
That was me, forgot to login :!:

switchtosake
Lost In Tokyo

Re: You're not alone

#33 Post by switchtosake » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:56 pm

bloomer wrote:Most of us are feeling exactly what you are feeling. This is a nice outlet. We need to set up a chat time and watch the movie together simultaneously. How does that sound to everyone?
Let's set a time and get on messenger?

Chicken
Wide Awake

#34 Post by Chicken » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:42 am

I don't think there's a doubt in my mind that my life changed for the better after viewing LiT. It's given me courage I never knew I had in discovering new things. It has radically changed the way I view movies, and I've noticed the more poetic features of certain forms of entertainment. People have commented lately on my more optimistic outlook on things, and I've have to agree. I don't think I'll ever watch a movie more life changing than LiT.

Rogue Angel
Awake

#35 Post by Rogue Angel » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:18 am

As I wrote on the last page of the fan reviews, I experienced my own LIT moment, so needless to say the corrolation with my moment and this movie really did touch me.

I think everyone at one time or another experienced the intense feelings of isolation and loneliness. For me personally I often feel this way, I'm an only child, and I just don't think like most in my age group, etc. When Charlotte sits in her room in that t-shirt and just stares into the vast openess of Tokyo from her window - that scene in particular really struck me, how one can be in a city full of people, yet feel so alone.
Sometimes you have to go half way around the world to come full circle....

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#36 Post by jm » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:45 am

:roll:
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rogue Angel
Awake

#37 Post by Rogue Angel » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:50 pm

lol... I'm not like any other woman you'd ever meet....I'm 22 and I can honestly say I've experienced more in my life than most. Even when I was 16, 17, etc. I wasn't acting like the other's in my highschool...I was applying for West Point and the military. I've always acted like an adult...just how I am. The world is a very real place with little time for bullshit games. (my apologies for cursing) I was an only child raised around adults so I had to act like one to be taken seriously therefore I did :)

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#38 Post by jm » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:40 pm

:shock:
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#39 Post by Guest » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:03 pm

Rogue Angel wrote:I was applying for West Point and the military.
So did you get in?

Rogue Angel
Awake

#40 Post by Rogue Angel » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:31 am

hehe, a lot of times I know I need to take everyone, especially myself less seriously, but maybe its a fault of mine. No, unfortunately I didnt make it into West Point, they wanted 70 more points on the math part of my SAT score.