Lost in Translation Sequel?

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

#21 Post by findingcharlotte » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:12 pm

yeah..I did several captures and played with it...but..this one just seems to be right ( even with the script over the pic )..think Im gonna just leave it that way...

jml98 wrote:It's weird...ive found a bunch of Scarlett fan sites that have DVD captures, that exact frame seems to be missing (or maybe i'm just imagining it) But in any case, the color on the DVD captures is definately darker than the one in your avatar findingcharlotte . Maybe that site you got it from photoshopped it a little bit (photoshop can easily make photos brighter, change the contrast, etc.) if you want a movie still, click on the below url

http://www.scarlettjohanssonfan.com/gal ... ie/326.jpg

the picture is big but you can always download it, change the image size and upload it to some free upload host site and then use it as you avatar image (remote image). I think your avatar image, even with the writing, is better than the capture though.
Call me if you get lost...

" before we go, Im not as brave as I told you.."

jml98
Asleep

#22 Post by jml98 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:33 am

btw, the avatar restrictions were pretty tight (100 by 100, no more than 6k!). But i asked Bob and he changed them to 140 by 140, 50k. Thanks to Bob! My avatar image now works. anyways, just in case anybody wanted a picture but didn't fit the previous restrictions...

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#23 Post by Just Like Honey... » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:52 pm

You could use photoshop or paint shop pro to clone out the letters if you have them.. I have PSP, if you're interested i can download the image and see what i can do.
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#24 Post by Just Like Honey... » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:08 pm

On second thought, I was bored and just went and did it anyway. The result can can be seen here http://www.geocities.com/maddpiklz48/charlotte.jpg
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

ScarlettsButt
Traveler

#25 Post by ScarlettsButt » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:03 am

Anonymous wrote:
That's like saying Citizen Kane needs a sequel, or more recently, Fight Club.
What? Did you just utter Citizen Kane and Fight Club in the same random thought?

Lets get real here.

pearly
Traveler

#26 Post by pearly » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:55 pm

Of course they'll never really do a sequel to LiT, but after watching Before Sunset the idea of a sequel doesn't seem as bad as I first thought. I mean, what if Bill and Charlotte meets again a few years down the road?

jml98
Asleep

#27 Post by jml98 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:05 pm

sorry, but i have to disagree. to me a sequel would ruin LiT...it would ruin the whisper, and one of the messages of LiT. as the DVD says, LiT "contemplates the unexpected connections we make that might not last -- yet stay with us forever"...

switchtosake
Lost In Tokyo

stays with you

#28 Post by switchtosake » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:20 am

jml...great quote, that hit me hard...

wiggle
Lounge Singer

#29 Post by wiggle » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:27 pm

A sequel to Lost in Translation is the worst idea ever. It should never happen. If it does, I would fly to America, find whoever's responsible for it and protest until the cow's come home. I would lose all hope in film and never watch television again. The viewers don't want to know the outcome of LIT. They think it over and over again: "What happens to Bob?", "What happens to Charlotte?" and the question everybody asks: "What does Bob say to her at the end?" That's what makes the film so special. The whole beauty of the film is that you don't know what he says to her - it doesn't leave you disappointed and it doesn't give too much away.
Where the hell's the whiskey?

KKDallas
Ikebana Fan

#30 Post by KKDallas » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:21 pm

wiggle wrote:A sequel to Lost in Translation is the worst idea ever. It should never happen. If it does, I would fly to America, find whoever's responsible for it and protest until the cow's come home. I would lose all hope in film and never watch television again. The viewers don't want to know the outcome of LIT. They think it over and over again: "What happens to Bob?", "What happens to Charlotte?" and the question everybody asks: "What does Bob say to her at the end?" That's what makes the film so special. The whole beauty of the film is that you don't know what he says to her - it doesn't leave you disappointed and it doesn't give too much away.
OK, we will mark you down as *against* a sequel. :)

My 2 cents is that I simply would like to see more of the movie, whether it be in sequel or a "director's cut" with more scenes. If I haven't watched the movie in a few weeks, I start to miss Bob and Charlotte...and Tokyo....and blurry neon lights.....and MVB....and karoke....and you get the idea.

If a sequel was made, which I doubt it will, I'd go see it. I could be disappointed but I'd rather see it and be disappointed than not see it and wonder.

#31 Post by Guest » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:59 pm

I think it would be cool if filmmakers would film a lot of extra footage when shooting and then create an extra parallel feature that could be an extra for the DVD.

They did this for the Anchorman dvd. There is a special edition with an extra feature. I thought it was just a short but we watched it and it's a whole seperate 90 minute movie. It incorporates some of the same footage from Anchorman but then there are longer and alternate sequences that create this new feature.

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#32 Post by Just Like Honey... » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:51 am

Bob wrote:They did this for the Anchorman dvd.
Perhaps the funniest movie I've ever seen :)